The Alex Log Cabin is a 3m x 2.5m Log Cabin or 9ft 10 inches x 8ft 3 inches Log Cabin which is perfect for your garden and has a wide variety of uses.
The Alex 44mm log cabin, is perfect for use as a small home garden office or even a workshop, with more than enough room for a large desk and filing cabinets. As well as operating as a garden office and workshop, this building can also be used as a child's play room, general relaxation room or just a standard summerhouse. The Alex log cabin features double doors and a double window to enjoy the views your garden offers and to let in some natural light, it also has an apex roof. This very cozy cabin is available to view at our Dereham show site coated in exterior treatment – if you would like to have a look at the building please contact us and we will ensure a member of staff is on site to give you their expert advice.
FREE delivery to mainland UK. Estimated delivery time for this building currently stands at approximately 3-4 weeks from confirmation of order, stock of this building can also mean an earlier delivery time so please give us a call to check if this building is in stock.
Please Note:Although all of our cabins come with FREE Delivery, this is only applicable for England and Wales. Scotland requires an additional delivery charge so please call us on 01362470075 if you require a price for delivery to Scotland.
Log Cabin Quick Facts
Base Size Metric
3.0m x 2.5m
Base Size Imperial
9ft 10 ins x 8ft 3 ins
Double (1) - 1244 x 1850 mm
Double (1) - 985 x 1336 mm
Reversible Construction Available
Roof & Floor Insulation
Shingle Tiles & Felt
Upgrade Door Handle
Upgrade Window Handle - Lockable
ProBase - 30 Tiles
Cabin with Roofing Material
ProBase Fitting & Supply
Please click the below image to download the installation guide for this building. The installation guide provides you with the floor plans, specification and also full parts list.
This timber building comes with the option of purchasing our specialist Celotex Insulation Kits alongside it to dramatically reduce the amount of heat lost through the floor and roof. Designed to fit on top of the roof and under the floorboards which means that you won’t lose head height in your cabin and still retain the natural timber look inside your building as well as saving on heating costs. Please see our insulation page to view more information on our insulation kits.
All buildings available to purchase on our website will have to be fitted onto a firm, flat and level base to prevent any issues with installation or in the future. Typically there are many different types of base that are suitable for this building, these include Concrete Bases, Paving Slabs, Timber Bases and many more. Whilst all of these options are suitable when level, we recommend the use ofProBase- ProBase is an ultra-strong interlocking plastic base capable of holding the weight of more than several tons. ProBase provides a cheaper and easier alternative to the concrete base, with additional benefits such as drainage and swift delivery prior to your building arriving. For cosmetic purposes, more tiles can be purchased should you wish to have a border round the outside of the building to improve the look of the base.
Please note that in order to successfully install the ProBase you will be required to purchase 10mm pea shingle available at your local building merchant or DIY store. If you are using our experienced install teams to lay your ProBase for you, this shingle will need to be available on site on the day of installation.
Each ProBase tile holds approximately 10kgs of shingle, however the overall amount needed may depend on how level the base area is to begin with. For advice on how much shingle you will require please call the team on 01362 470075.
Exterior: Normally this Log Cabin will require approximately 9 Litres of wood coatings to give it 3 good coats of treatment, depending on a number of variables being moisture content, humidity/weather during application, thickness of application, drying time between coats etc. We recommend use of our Rystix Exterior Armadek (Water Based) during colder winter months owing to drying times. 3 coats will provide up to 8 years of protection without the need to re-treat, which means that you will save both time and money in having to re-treat each year.
Interior: Please also consider alongside exterior protection the purchase of our very high quality interior wood protection products. These offer great protection to the inside surfaces of your timber building which will be, unless treated very susceptible to dirty marks, scratches and other stains. We have Interior Armafloor (Water Based) and Interior Wood Sealer (Oil Based) to solve this issue.
• Your garden house has a two-year warranty, and we give the wooden wall elements (except those of the 19-mm wall) a special extended warranty of five years. You will find the terms and conditions of the warranty below.
• Repairing or replacing the product during the warranty period will not extend the warranty period or grant a new warranty with a new warranty period. The warranty on elements replaced or repaired during the warranty period expires at the same time as the warranty period of the product.
1. General warranty conditions
1.1. The garden house (hereinafter: the Product) shall be purchased from a Manufacturer or an authorised distributor of the Manufacturer (hereinafter: the Seller) and the end-user of the Product (hereinafter: the Buyer) must have fully paid for the Product by the time of the warranty incident.
1.2. The Buyer shall ensure that the Product is selected for its intended purpose and is suitable for installation in the planned location (e.g. year-round use as an office).
1.3. The warranty period starts from the moment the Product is delivered to the Buyer and the accompanying documents have been signed. The warranty is valid provided that the installation instructions are strictly followed. Modifications made to the Product or parts thereof shall be coordinated in advance with the Seller.
1.4. A warranty incident is considered to be a possible fault in the structure of the Product or a defect in and/or missing element which is not excluded from the warranty as per Article 2.
1.5. The Seller must be notified immediately of any deficiencies in the Product detected during the warranty period, but at the latest within five working days of the date the deficiency was discovered. When submitting a complaint, it must be accompanied by one or more photos, a description of the deficiency, the article number of the Product and the serial number given by the manufacturer (as marked on the last page of the installation instructions and on the label attached to the packaging).
1.6. The scope of warranty liability is exclusively limited to the faulty element to be replaced under warranty. The Buyer and Seller shall agree on the quickest possible delivery date and location. The scope of warranty liability excludes transport, installation, time and communication costs related to the detection of the defect and installation. The Seller shall not be held liable before the Buyer or a third party for any incidental or consequential damage arising from the deficiency in the Product.
1.7. In case of doubt, the Seller reserves the right to process the incident for longer than 14 working days and to involve experts, of its own volition, to establish whether:
• the Product was installed according to the provided installation instructions; and
• circumstances exist which exclude the warranty liability described in Article 2.
1.8. The Seller has the right to claim compensation from the Buyer for the costs incurred in processing an unjustified complaint.
2. This warranty excludes the following:
2.1. Damage caused by the incorrect storage of the Product after the Product has been delivered to the Buyer (exposed to weather conditions, in contact with the ground or in heated rooms) or damage occurring during transport and installation. Damage occurring during transport (if the Product was delivered to the home address or another address of the Buyer) which can be determined before accepting the goods (i.e. before unloading from the vehicle) shall be recorded by taking one or more photos, which shall be forwarded to the Seller.
2.2. Mistakes made during installation of the Product:
• the installation instructions were ignored during the installation process;
• weather conditions (strong wind, snow, ice or rain) which could harm the Product were not taken into consideration during installation;
• the distance between the upper edge of the foundation or the first wall element of the house is less than 45 mm;
• the outer edge of the bottom wall row is not installed 3-5 mm beyond the outer edge of the foundation;
• the subframe is not level and square; • no damp-proof barrier has been installed between the foundation and structure;
• the entire Product has not been finished with wood preservative immediately after installation, including the doors and windows, which should be finished on both sides (to prevent discolouration, bending and expanding). When choosing wood preservatives, an expert/paint seller should be consulted;
• in terms of ensuring the durability of the Product, it has not been sufficiently protected against weather conditions, e.g. by means of roofing covering strips and fastening strips, anchors, storm strips or other means, even if the listed accessories are not included in the garden house set;
• objects have been rigidly fastened to a wall which prevent the normal drying, shrinking, settling or expanding of the Product (which must also be taken into consideration when fastening the nut of the storm strip);
• during installation of the roof boards 1-2 mm of expansion space has not been provided; and/or
• for roofing felt (if this is included in the garden house set) meant to be used as an underlayer with the roofing material.
2.3. Peculiarities of wood as a natural material:
• expanding, shrinking (below 3% in width and thickness), differences in colour and twisting and bending of elements, none of which hamper the installation of the garden house;
• intact/ingrown knots in elements of the Product which do not harm its stability;
• unplaned areas, dull areas or areas where knots extend beyond the edge of the roof or floor boards of the garden house, if the boards can be installed so that these defects remain hidden after final finishing (e.g. by rotating the boards);
• knots with a max. diameter of 20 mm extending beyond the elements of the Product, including if they appear on the edge of an element of the Product but remain hidden in the structure after final finishing;
• small fissures or cracks formed in the Product (as a result of drying) which have not penetrated through and do not hamper the stability of the Product’s structure; and
• wax pockets in elements of the Product.
2.4. Finger-jointed wooden elements used in the Product.
2.5. Damage related to the normal wear and tear of the Product (e.g. signs of wear on floor boards or the doorsill).
2.6. Glazed units/glass panes mechanically damaged by the Buyer, broken or thermally broken (which may occur when the difference in temperature of the glass in the central area and in the hidden edge area of a pane or glazed unit exceeds the critical value).
2.7. Reasons related to normal physical phenomena (e.g. the formation of condensation on windows).
2.8. Damage related to unforeseeable factors (e.g. vandalism, flooding, storms or tornadoes).
The Buyer shall lose their entitlement to the warranty in the following cases:
• the Buyer does not verify the quantity, completeness and quality of the Product and elements thereof within a reasonable time following delivery and acceptance of the Product and in all cases before installation;
• elements with defects have already been installed or painted, but the deficiency in the Product would have been noticeable during inspection. The detected deficiency shall be recorded as described in article 1.5; and/or
• the Buyer submits to the Seller wrong or insufficient data regarding the Product or warranty incident or documents proving the purchase are not submitted
Ordered log cabin as home office, Rob and his team were really helpful in picking right model and any extras (insulation etc.) chose self build and received loads of tips and help from Rob delivery was smooth and quick couldn't have asked for more.
Attractive, Robust & fit for purpose! Great value for money!
Posted by Alex & Kieren Fitzgerald on 24th Mar 2015
The service was speedy & efficient. It exceeded our expectations in the time it took to be delivered and installed. Delighted that it only took 4 weeks to be delivered and installed from placing the order alongside all available optional extras!
I would have no hesitation in recommending Cabins Unlimited to my friends or family!
First class product and service
Posted by Unknown on 9th Jul 2014
very good experience all round, staff very helpful delivery was on time and arrived on the given day. Construction was simple and a one man job over 2 days to get the walls up and the roof on. No missing components and would recommend cabins unlimited products and service to anyone.